Terms & Conditions of Business
Events 2 Terms & Conditions
- In this document, the following expressions have the following meanings: “the Company” means Events 2 Ltd. “The Client” means the person or company who accepts a written quotation from the Company for contracted services. “The Project” means the project, event or programme of services to be offered within the Contract. “The Contract” is a legally binding agreement between the Company and the Client.
- The Company shall use all reasonable endeavours to supply the best possible Project using its resources and facilities to best possible effect within any agreed time and/or cost quotations provided to the Client.
- All quotes and estimates are valid for 28 days unless otherwise advised.
- The Company reserves the right to charge such costs and expenses as may be agreed in order to complete the contract. Unless otherwise stated, all such charges are exclusive of VAT.
- The Company reserves the right to impose additional charges incurred as a result of:
- Changes and additions ordered by the Client in relation to the Project after the acceptance of the Company quotation, proposal and schedule;
- Increases in the costs of Project materials, equipment or other services necessary for the completion of the contract. Any such charges will be advised to the Client either in writing or such other form as appropriate and agreed between the parties;
- Changes in the client requirements resulting in extra meetings, additional site visits or the requirement to spend additional time to deliver the Project;
- Settlement of invoices by the use of credit card. This will incur an additional charge of 2% of the sales value.
- Currency Exchange Rate and Tax variations where International transactions are involved (On Overseas Events or Similar).
- Payment shall be made in accordance with the Company’s prescribed terms unless otherwise advised. The Company’s standard payment terms are: A non-refundable deposit of 50% is payable by return in order to secure the supply of all Project components. The balance payment is due 6 weeks prior to the Project start date. On confirmation and acceptance of the Company’s Project quotation by the Client, the Company will issue a payment schedule. Deposits / balances required under the aforementioned schedule shall be payable on the due date notwithstanding the Company’s normal payment terms. The Company cannot guarantee performance of the Contract should payment not be received on the specified due date. Payment is defined as “cleared funds”. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on sums overdue on a day to day basis from the date such payment was due to the date of actual payment (both days inclusive) at the rate of 2% above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time in force compounded quarterly. Such interest shall be paid on demand.
7. In the case of cancellation by the Client, the Client shall pay a cancellation charge to take account of the chargeable value of time, expenses and costs incurred. Once a Project booking is confirmed with the Company by the Client, the Company is under obligation to the Client to supply the agreed Project services. If for any reason the Client cancels a booking or reduces the number of participants, the Client will be liable to forfeit any deposit and pay a cancellation fee. Cancellation schedule: over 30 days notice (from date Project services are to be started) deposit will be forfeited. 15-30 days notice, 75% of total contracted cost will be imposed. Less than 15 days, 100% of total contracted cost will be imposed.Any date change made within the cancellation charge period will be deemed to be a cancellation of the original booking and the appropriate cancellation charges will become due.
- Costings are based on the stated number of participants by the Client at the time of booking. Any variation to participant numbers (either higher or lower) could affect the Contract price.
- Proposals may contain confidential information provided by the Client. The Company agrees not to convey such information to any third party. Similarly, the Company’s proposal may contain concepts, notions and designs specifically prepared for the Client. The Client undertakes not to disclose or use contents or parts thereof except with the prior written approval of the Company. The Company retains copyright of the contents of any documentation issued to the client.
- The Company retains the intellectual property rights (whether existing or created) to all content, concepts, materials and elements designed and / or supplied by the Company to the Client.
- Any contract resulting from a quotation submitted by the Company will incorporate these terms and conditions and be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Company operates a comprehensive health and safety policy encompassing current legislation. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that participants meet the health and safety requirements of the Company. If the representative of the Company responsible for Health and Safety believes that there is an unacceptable level of risk to participants or the Company’s staff in commencing or continuing an activity then the activity will be cancelled or curtailed.
- The Company shall not be liable for its failure to fulfil any of its contractual obligations if such is caused by reasons beyond its control including health and safety grounds.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse participation on any Project if a representative of the Company believes a Client participant is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and that their participation could be harmful to themselves or others on the Project.
- Except in respect of injury to or death of any person (for which no limit applies) the liability of the Company for this booking in respect of each occurrence or series of connected occurrences shall not exceed the value of the contract. Notwithstanding anything else contained in thecontract, the Company shall not be liable to the Client or any third party for loss of profits or contracts or any indirect or consequential loss arising from negligence, breach of contract or howsoever.
- Should the Client employ an ex employee of the Company, who has worked on the Client’s projects in the 6 months prior to joining the Client, then the Company reserves the right to charge the Client 30% of the employee’s salary in order to recover the replacement cost of the employee.
- All Project services are offered subject to availability.
- In the case of mechanical breakdown of any equipment featured, the Company reserves the right to make reasonable substitutions on the day. If this is not possible, the Company reserves the right to cancel the Project at short notice.
- Should the Client encounter a problem or complaint on the day, it is the responsibility of the Client to advise the Company as soon as possible on the day of the Project in order that the Company may have the opportunity to rectify or redress the matter. In general, the Company will consider it unreasonable if the Client takes no action in this respect during the Project.
- The Company is committed to ethical business and understands its Corporate Social Responsibility. The Company strives continually to build long term business relationships with its clients.
For Overseas Events:
- Cost Fluctuations:All stated costs are based on current fuel prices, tax levels and exchange rates and are subject to change. Alteration due to normal annual increases, and/or currency fluctuations, should they occur, such as changes in VAT, taxes on fuel, currency modifications and/or inflationary Government measures that adversely affect our suppliers’ prices. We reserve the right, after advising the client of such changes, to adjust the applicable costs accordingly. We will endeavour to obtain agreement to hold prices where possible, based on relationships with key suppliers.
- Extras: All extras incurred on site during a programme that are not pre-paid will incur a 10% handling fee to be invoiced post event.
Issued January 2017